Facts about Scott Cawthon-
|NET WORTH :||$75 MILLION|
|Profession :||Animator and Writer|
|Birthday date:||December 17th, 1977|
The game “Five Nights at Freddy’s” developer Scott Cawthon has a net worth of $75 million. Scott Cawthon’s creator is an animator and writer who was born in Maryland on December 17th, 1977. He graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a degree in Computer Science before moving to Texas. The first game he created was called “Chipper & Sons Lumber Co.”, which launched in 2008 and made him $20k a month before he moved on to complete his most famous game: Five Nights at Freddy’s.
What makes him successful?
Scott Cawthon is the developer and creator of Five Nights at Freddy’s, which he started developing in 2014. He also had a hand animating two non-canon games called Chipper & Sons Lumber Co. and FNaF World.”
The developer behind one of the most popular horror game series ever created has been revealed to be Scott Cawthon from Texas. The man who was responsible for crafting the horrifyingly creepy atmosphere that haunts gamers’ dreams (and daylight hours too) wrote on his website that it was time to finally talk about himself after years of silence due to legal reasons (“I am not allowed to discuss any details here legally”). A summary of his life so far: graduated from Texas A&M University in 1994 with a degree in Computer Science and is now wholly self-employed.
After graduating from college, Scott went to work as an animator for Disney Interactive Studios (responsible for creating the character models). Still, he left after three years due to not feeling challenged anymore by his job (“I wanted more than what they were willing to give me”). Five Nights at Freddy’s was created ten months ago when he found out about a developer fired because their project was cancelled. The company that made him redundant offered him $15k if he could finish one game – which turned into five games in less than two weeks!
Fame and Work
In recent years, developer Scott Cawthon has become more than just an animator and writer. He is now a well-known developer of the game Five Nights at Freddy’s. In this blog post, we’ll look at how fame affected Scott personally as he created his latest hit video game series.
The first thing to note about the effects of fame on someone like Scott Cawthon is that it can be both positive and negative in its impact, depending on who you ask. Some people might say that with all the recognition for developing such popular games came money and power, which allowed him to buy houses in states including Texas, California, Georgia and Nevada; invest time into other projects (such as animation) without worrying about the financial repercussions, and to work in a low-stress environment.
Others might argue that it has taken away his privacy because he became more of an internet sensation than a developer with each new release, or that fame made him develop sequels for games such as Five Nights at Freddy’s without taking on other projects like animation. What are your thoughts? Do you think fame can be both good and bad, depending on who you ask? Let us know what topics you want to see covered next!
Personal Life and Earnings
- He lives in San Antonio, Texas, with his wife and son.
- Cawthon is an animator by trade who has worked on popular children’s cartoons like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and The Powerpuff Girls.
- As a developer of video games for over 20 years, he’s no stranger to success; the Steam release of Five Nights at Freddy’s alone earned him $30 million within a year.
- He lived his entire life until 2006, when he moved to Dallas before eventually settling down in San Antonio with his family. Except for living abroad during high school and a brief stint in the army, he resided within Northern America.
- Scott is an animator by trade and created his first game called Maniac Mansion II: Day of the Tentacle and worked on other popular children’s cartoon shows like My Little Pony Friendship, Is Magic and The Powerpuff Girls.
- Cawthon worked for developer Twisted Pixel Games for five years until he left to pursue his own independent development career full time. His debut title was “Five Nights at Freddy’s”, which became very successful due to its popularity on Steam earning him $30 million within a year before it even hit mobile devices or consoles like PlayStation.
- Outside of games, Scott is interested in drawing and has created a webcomic called “It’s Not Okay Cupid!.”
- Cawthon is also open about his Christian faith and sometimes incorporates it into the games he creates, such as The Joy of Creation or some jump scares within Five Nights at Freddy’s.
- In 2016, Cawthon released a book titled “The Silver Eyes”, which was number five on Barnes & Noble Best Sellers list for children’s literature during that time.
- Scott often uses social media to communicate with fans: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube (Scottgames), Twitch TV (CawThonic), where he streams live every Saturday night from 11 pm to 12 am GMT.
- He also has a developer’s blog that he usually posts on every so often to provide updated news about his other projects, including “The Chipper and Sons Lumber Co.”, “Follow
- Cawthon is also an outspoken Christian who references his faith within some of his games like The Joy Of Creation or jump scares found within Five Night At Freddy’s.
See more about: Patton Oswalt Net Worth